Summer camps are designed for students, ages 12-16, where they experience modern manufacturing by creating, building, and taking a product home. At camp, they tour manufacturing facilities, learn about entrepreneurship, and meet top industry experts. Campers will:
- Experience a safe, hands-on learning environment.
- Create products with Computer Aided Design (CAD).
- Operate machinery under close supervision.
- Discover their future career in manufacturing.
Educators can make a positive impact for students and their schools by hosting summer manufacturing camps that create unique experiences for future workers. By serving as a camp host, you will:
- Educate and inform students, families, and businesses in your community.
- Enhance your reputation with local industry.
- Demonstrate the value of manufacturing programs to area schools.
- Help fill the skilled labor gap, starting in your hometown.
Manufacturers recognize summer manufacturing camps are smart investments to encourage the next generation workforce. Summer camps build students’ skill sets that will influence their career decisions, strengthen communities, and enhance the industry. By supporting local camps, you can:
- Highlight manufacturing’s significance to the local economy.
- Create business and educational partnerships.
- Showcase your company’s facilities and advanced technologies.
- Recruit prospective employees and apprentices.